Effective as of February 11, 2014
This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices for RoyalChristianInstitute.NET and any other sites on which a link to this Privacy Statement appears (collectively, the “Website”). Use of the Website is subject to this Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of use. This Privacy Statement is incorporated by reference in the Terms and Conditions. As used herein, “we,” “us” and “our” refers to RoyalChristianInstitute.NET.
This Privacy Statement only applies to information collected on the Website. For example, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information you may have provided when obtaining a home delivery subscription offline or when entering a sweepstakes by mail, fax or email.
II. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
A. Personally Identifying Information
We do not automatically collect any personally identifying information from visitors to the Website. To take advantage of certain optional features or functions of the Website, you may be asked to voluntarily supply certain personally identifying information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. For example, you may be asked to supply personally identifying information if you complete the optional registration process for the Website or if you participate in a sweepstakes or contest on the Website. If you do not want any of your personally identifying information collected, you can always decline to take advantage of these optional features and functions.
B. Tracking Information
1. Cookies: Like many website operators, we use “cookies” to recognize your web browser. A “cookie” is a small piece of information that is stored in a designated file on your computer. Each cookie has a unique number with no meaning outside of the Website. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information about our visitors.
We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies terminate when you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be stored on a hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following directions found under “help” in your internet browser. You can configure your browser not to accept cookies however, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain optional features or functions of the Website.
2. Log Files: Like many website operators, we use tracking programs that collect information about log files, including Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps and number of clicks. The information that we collect regarding log files is not linked to personally identifying information.
3. Web Beacons/Web Bugs (Clear GIFs/ Single-Pixel GIFs): Advertisements that appear on our website are sometimes delivered by third party advertisers. These third party advertisers may use web beacons or web bugs to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement in order to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. In this way, they may compile information about where individuals using your computer or browser saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. No personally identifying information is gathered through web beacons or web bugs.
C. E-mail Addresses
1. When do we collect your email address?: We do not automatically collect your email address. We obtain your email address only if you choose to provide it to us when you complete the optional registration process on our Website or when you participate in one of our online offers.
2. How do we use your email address?: If you choose to provide us with your email address, we may email you from time to time to call your attention to products and offers we believe might interest you.
3. Can you opt out of receiving emails?: If you prefer not to receive direct communications sent by us, our advertisers or other third parties, you will be given an opportunity to decline at the time you provide any information and/or in the email message you receive. If you decline at the time you provide us with information or choose to opt out later, you will not receive email or other communications sent directly by us or our advertisers utilizing information collected from our site. However, if you provide your personal information in order to enter one of our sweepstakes, contests or online offers, you may still receive information about the specific sweepstakes, contest or online offer you entered.
4. How to opt out of emails: You can opt out of receiving emails at the time you provide your information and/or at any other time. When you submit personally identifying information, if the information might be used for emailing purposes, then you will be given the opportunity, at the time of submission, to decline to receive such communications. You can also choose to opt out later by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions included on the bottom of every email you receive from us. If applicable, you may also pick and choose which newsletters you wish to receive by clicking the “Change Newsletter Preferences” button included on the bottom of every email you receive from us.
III. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
A. Purposes for Which Information Is Submitted
Personally identifying information that you voluntarily submit may be used for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, if you voluntarily submit personally identifying information to enter a sweepstakes on the Website, the information that your submit may be used as part of your entry to that sweepstakes.
Personally identifying information may be shared with third-parties to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose(s) for which the information was submitted. For example, if you use the Website to sign up for home delivery of the print edition of RoyalChristianInstitute.NET, your contact information, including you address may be shared with a third-party home delivery carrier.
B. Facilitating Use of the Website and Customizing Content, Advertising and Offers
We may use information collected from cookies and other tracking technology to recognize your browser when you visit the Website and to facilitate easy login to the Website, to attempt to personalize the Website for each user, to ensure that your browser does or does not see the same ad over and over again, to sequence ads and offers in a series and to track page usage and paths. We may also use collected information to allow editorial content and/or advertising on the Website to be targeted to groups of users for whom it is most pertinent. This means that users see editorial content and/or advertising most likely to interest them.
In connection with these uses, we may disclose information to third parties, but only in aggregate form.
C. Administrative Use and Communications Related to Your Use of the Website
We may use collected information for internal administrative purposes including site administration, troubleshooting, processing of e-commerce transactions or administration of sweepstakes and contests. We may also use collected information to send you communications related to your use of the Website or Content you post on the Website. This includes, when applicable, communications regarding account status, order status, renewal/expiration notices and other transactional communications. We may also send you notifications about major changes to the Website and/or to the Privacy Statement.
In connection with these uses, third parties that provide support for the operation of the Website or features thereof may also have access to such information. In all cases, however, we will use the information only as permitted by law.
D. Statistical Analysis
We may use collected information to create aggregate statistics about activity on and visitors to the Website, including, the number of return visits to the Website or our advertisers’ websites, the number of unique visitors that have viewed or “clicked” a particular ad or visited a particular web page and how much time is spent on each page of the Website. We may also create aggregate demographic statistics.
We may use these aggregate statistics to measure interest in various areas of the Website, to better design the Website and to improve our marketing strategy and product offerings. We may share the aggregate statistical information with third parties.
E. Information and Offers That May Be of Interest To You
If you voluntarily supply personally identifiable information that includes contact information, we may, from time to time, contact you or give your contact information to third parties so that they may contact you, to call your attention to products or services that may be of interest to you. When you submit personally identifying information, if the information might be used for this purpose, then you will be given the opportunity(where applicable), at the time of submission, to decline to receive such communications by checking an “opt in” or “opt out” box. If you decline at that time, or if you chose to opt out later, you will not receive such communications utilizing information collected from the Website. You can choose to opt out later by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions included on the bottom of every email you receive from us.
IV. THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND TRACKING
V. IS MY INFORMATION PROTECTED?
We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personally identifying information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Personally identifying information may also be stored on computers of third parties that provide technical support for the operation of the Website. As effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Moreover, we cannot guarantee that information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us.
As described above in Section III A, B, C, D and E, certain uses of collected information may involve disclosure to third parties. In addition, we may disclose collected information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or when doing so is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with the law or legal process; (2) respond to any claims; (3) protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of RoyalChristianInstitute.NET and its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as our customers, users or the public; or (4) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website. In addition, collected information may be disclosed as part of any bankruptcy, merger, sale, transfer of company assets or acquisition.
VII. THIRD PARTY SITES AND CONTENT
During your visit to the Website you may view as part of a frame that includes our content, certain content and websites that are actually created, operated, owned and/or hosted by a third party or third parties. You may also see links on the Website to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing personally identifying information.
VIII. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifying information from or about children under the age of 13. By submitting any personally identifying information, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If we discover that we have received any information from or about a child under 13 in violation of this statement, we will delete that information. If you believe that we have collected personally identifying information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at the address provided in the “QUESTIONS” section below.
IX. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be amended or modified from time to time. Any such changes will be posted here and will be effective immediately unless a later effective date is specified.
If you have any more questions, please email the administrator or write to:
55 South State Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46201
Last Updated on February 26, 2014